Our Digital Packages will give you the access to digital resources to facilitate a virtual field trip to one of our spectacular field sites, including teacher guidance and some resources to support your delivery of teacher-led introduction and follow up sessions.
Student access from home
All our Digital products now include access for individual students from home within the course cost.
We have waived our usual fee for this add-on to support schools during the current lockdown.
This extra access for students will be added to your packages within approximately a week of purchase. Please bear with us as it is a manual process and we are currently experiencing high demand.
Watch our video introduction explaining more and showing examples of the resources included
How this course fulfils the specification
Students will see the spectacular sand dune habitat at Winterton Dunes. Using these Digital resources students will have the opportunity to describe changes in an ecosystem, set hypotheses, justify fieldwork methodologies, analyse data to form conclusions and evaluate the findings of this investigation.
Students will develop the fieldwork and investigation skills required to help prepare students to conduct their own Internal Assessment.
- IB Biology – C.2 Communities and ecosystems
- IB ESS – Topic 2.4 Biomes, zonation and succession
Added value of the course
- Data set from a real-fieldwork environment.
- Teacher Guidance on how to make effective use these digital resources within your classroom to maximise learning for your students.
- Deliver fieldwork skills to match the pace and progression of your students
If you would like to extend this course we have the following digital Enhancement Modules available:
What’s included in this Digital Sand Dune Succession investigation?
- Teacher guidance document and objectives.
- Resources for teacher-led introduction to the fieldwork enquiry.
- Video lesson of fieldwork data collection methods which can be played in class as many times as you want.
- Student handouts to guide students with their investigation.
- Resources for teacher-led follow up to the enquiry.
- A single user licence and log in for unlimited use in class at one school site. Any number of teachers at the school site can use the resources. Handouts can be downloaded and printed for any number of students at the school site.
If you would like to purchase a user licence for multiple school sites please contact us.