Have a fabulous time immersed in the spectacular scenery of the area, visiting a variety of local places of interest and painting your response to the landscape in Watermedia.
Learn easy specific techniques to bring vitality and strength to your painting and be inspired as you watch your art progress.
Experience the joys of “Plein-air” in a variety of beautiful and inspiring locations, where you can be brave to experiment while improving your painting skills and learn ways to create impact through your art with tips on texture, tone, colour and composition. The course is mainly watercolour with options to add watersoluble pencils, pastels, inks and markers. A studio is also available, which will be used mainly for evening painting sessions, demonstrations, workshops and discussions.
All levels of painting abilities are welcome as you will receive individual encouragement and guidance within a group setting. Linda encourages finding your own style and use of colour.
Tutor: Linda HollingsheadLinda Hollingshead runs dynamic painting courses, well known for her enthusiasm and encouraging manner. With a lifetime of painting experience Linda shows practical ways to help you bring the best out in your painting. Bringing her in-depth knowledge and mastery of different media she demonstrates ways to try something new in easy steps and as an expert on colour she shows how to use colour most successfully in your art.
We have received the ‘Good to Go’ mark in recognition of following government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, ensuring processes are in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social/physical distancing.
Find how we will be keeping you safe.
Before You Attend
What to Bring
- Palette: A large plastic palette with a flat area for mixing plus wells, or a large ceramic or plastic plate.
- Paints: Artist quality –preferably in tubes. Eg Winsor & Newton. Winsor Yellow, Alizarin Crimson, Winsor Blue (green shade), French Ultramarine, Burnt Sienna, Yellow Ochre.
- Bring additional colours if you already own them, or a set of pan colours.
- In addition to your watercolour paints there is an option to include water-soluble coloured pencils, inktense sticks, coloured inks, pastels, markers, acrylic pens, gouache.
- Paper: Watercolour Pad: 140lb weight paper not or rough surface eg. Cotman, Bockingford, Arches, Lana pad or block. Size 14"x10". Tissue paper and any collage papers you may like to use.
- A sketch book.
- Brushes: Watercolour brushes eg. "Winsor & Newton"- Sceptre Gold (sable/synthetic blend), Cotman (synthetic). "Pro Arte"- Prolene (synthetic), Connoisseur (sable/synthetic).
- Wash or mop brush eg. Winsor & Newton Series 340. Rounds Nos. 10, 6, 2. Flat size 3/4". Rigger No.1.
- Other Items: Water pot, masking tape, kitchen roll, masking fluid, gum strip (2" wide), eraser, putty rubber, sketching pencils, 2x bull dog clips.
- Folding stool. Folding easel if you use one.
- Warm clothes and a torch for evening studies.
- Waterproof jacket and trousers *
- Walking boots, wellington boots *
- Warm clothing; hat, scarf, gloves, thick socks
- Small rucksack, flask / water bottle,
- Sandwich box
- Sun cream, insect repellent
*These items can be borrowed at the Centre