This day course gives an opportunity to explore this traditional craft and create your own copperfoiled heart shaped panel or mirror using a pattern and glass pack provided by the tutor and included in the fee. The course is a practical one, including: glass cutting, copperfoiling and soldering. The fee includes all the materials and tools you will need to complete your panel or mirror. Refreshments and lunch served in the Mill dining room are also covered by the all-inclusive fee. The course is suitable for all levels, including beginners.
Tutor: Carole GrayCarole Gray is a designer maker, specialising in decorative and contemporary architectural stained glass. She mainly works to commission, producing windows, doors and other pieces for private and commercial clients.
- Refreshments and lunch served in the Mill dining room
- Materials and tools to complete a panel or mirror
Before You Attend
What to Bring
- An apron or coverall - you should not have open shoes or bare legs.
Health & Safety
- You must not wear open shoes or have bare legs (even if the weather is warm). Do not wear loose clothing or dangly jewellery as it may get caught in machinery. Long hair must be tied back.
- Please note that you will not be able to work in the studio unless supervised by the tutor.
- The studio will not be accessible during the lunch and dinner breaks.
- If you are pregnant or breast feeding you should consult your GP before enrolling on this course as working with solder (lead/tin) can be harmful to the developing baby.
Sorry this course has ended