This course is fully booked.
This beginner’s day course gives an opportunity to explore this traditional craft and to make a 20cm square stained glass panel using the leaded technique. The tutor will provide simple, non-representational designs and packs of glass for you to choose from. All the other materials and tools you will need to complete your panel are also provided. Refreshments and lunch served in the Mill dining room are also covered by the all-inclusive fee.
Tutor: Carole GrayCarole Gray is a designer maker, specialising in decorative and contemporary architectural stained glass. She mainly works to commission, producing windows, doors and other pieces for private and commercial clients.
- Materials and tools to complete your panel are also included
- Refreshments and lunch served in the Mill dining room
Before You Attend
What to Bring
- An apron or coverall - you should not have open shoes or bare legs
- A pair of washing up gloves
- A paper face mask (optional)
Health and Safety
- You must not wear open shoes or have bare legs (even if the weather is warm). Do not wear loose clothing or dangly jewellery as it may get caught in machinery. Long hair must be tied back.
- Please note that you will not be able to work in the studio unless supervised by the tutor.
- The studio will not be accessible during the lunch and dinner breaks.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding you should consult your GP before enrolling on this course as working with solder (lead/tin) can be harmful to the developing baby.
If you require accommodation before or after the course, please contact us and we’ll try to help.
Sorry this course has ended