This course is fully booked.
This beginner’s day course gives an opportunity to explore this traditional craft and to make a 20cm square stained glass panel using the leaded technique. The tutor will provide simple, non-representational designs and packs of glass for you to choose from. All the other materials and tools you will need to complete your panel are also provided. Refreshments and lunch served in the Mill dining room are also covered by the all-inclusive fee.
Tutor: Carole GrayCarole Gray is a designer and maker of decorative stained glass, who uses many of the traditional techniques practised by stained glass artists over the centuries to create work which is highly contemporary and decorative. She also has extensive experience teaching these techniques. Her own style of work is abstract and inspiration comes from a wide range of sources. Colour, repeating patterns and decorative motifs are a common theme throughout. Carole is as happy using strong, vibrant colours as with a cool, calm and restrained palette. She is listed on the Crafts Council Register and a member of the Contemporary Glass Society and the British Society of Master Glass Painters. Please take a few moments to look at her work at: www.itsablast.co.uk.
- Materials and tools to complete your panel are also included
- Refreshments and lunch served in the Mill dining room
Before You Attend
What to Bring
- An apron or coverall - you should not have open shoes or bare legs
- A pair of washing up gloves
- A paper face mask (optional)
Health and Safety
- You must not wear open shoes or have bare legs (even if the weather is warm). Do not wear loose clothing or dangly jewellery as it may get caught in machinery. Long hair must be tied back.
- Please note that you will not be able to work in the studio unless supervised by the tutor.
- The studio will not be accessible during the lunch and dinner breaks.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding you should consult your GP before enrolling on this course as working with solder (lead/tin) can be harmful to the developing baby.
If you require accommodation before or after the course, please contact us and we’ll try to help.