Spend quality time with your family and get back to nature in the great outdoors on our Nature and Bushcraft Adventure. It’s time to leave the tablets at home!
Discover what it takes to survive in the wild by building fires and cooking a hearty meal under the evening sky. Learn to navigate the countryside by orienteering and keep an eye out for wonderful wild animals.
For a full list of activities, see our timetable below. Our activities are most suitable for children aged 6 – 12 however younger and older children are welcome to join in. Children should be accompanied by a guardian on all activities.
Tutor: Adventure Leaders
This experience will be led by our experienced and enthusiastic adventure leaders.
We have received the ‘Good to Go’ mark in recognition of following government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, ensuring processes are in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social/physical distancing.
Find how we will be keeping you safe.
All activities are subject to change, due to weather conditions at the time.
- Arrive and welcome
- Evening walk in the Nettlecombe grounds through local woodlands.
- Rock pooling and fossil hunting at Helwell. (Tide dependant) . If unable to go rock pooling we will go pond dipping at parsonage pond and minibeast hunting in the centre grounds.
- Bush craft afternoon culminating in cooking evening meal over fire.
- Mammals and Moths - Have a go at setting up humane mammal and moth traps ready for us to see what has visited us in the morning.
- Mammals and Moths - Discover what has been out at night in our centre grounds by opening up our small mammal and moth traps. Learn how traps are used for scientific monitoring and what happens with the data collected.
- Conservation activity - To keep our centre nature friendly, we regularly take part in conservation activities such as coppicing and building bat boxes!
Before You Attend
What to bring
- Waterproof coat
- Comfortable shoes
- Lunch box
- Water bottle
- Please come prepared for both warm and cold weather conditions