Spend quality time with your family and get back to nature in the great outdoors on our Nature and Bushcraft Adventure. It’s time to leave the tablets at home!
Discover what it takes to survive in the wild by building fires and cooking a hearty meal under the evening sky. Learn to navigate the countryside by orienteering and keep an eye out for wonderful wild animals.
For a full list of activities, see our timetable below. Our activities are most suitable for children aged 6 – 12 however younger and older children are welcome to join in. Children should be accompanied by a guardian on all activities.
All of our family activities are scheduled to take place outside, in line with the current government guidelines. If bad weather means that we are unable to carry out the outdoor activities, indoor activities will be available for families to take part in individually.
Tutor: Adventure Leaders
This experience will be led by our experienced and enthusiastic adventure leaders.
We have received the ‘Good to Go’ mark in recognition of following government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, ensuring processes are in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social/physical distancing.
Find out about our book with confidence scheme and how we will be keeping you safe.
All activities are subject to change, due to weather conditions at the time.
- Evening Walk - Arrive at the centre ready for your first activity with your Adventure Leader. We will be going on an evening walk to show you the centre's beautiful aurroundings.
- Discover the Secret World of Minibeasts - Explore the local countryside while on your search for minibeasts. Leave no log or stone unturned in your quest to find as many different species as possible and test your knowledge to be a bronze, silver or gold bug hunter!
- Environmental Art - Be inspired by the grounds that surround our centre by making whatever you forage into works of art.
Tuesday Afternoon and Evening
- Bushcraft Afternoon - Learn new survival skills in the woods! We will be cooking our evening meal on the fires we build and eating out in the wild.
- Mammals and Moths - Have a go at setting up humane mammal and moth traps ready for us to see what has visited us in the morning.
- Mammals and Moths - Discover what has been out at night in our centre grounds by opening up our small mammal and moth traps. Learn how traps are used for scientific monitoring and what happens with the data collected.
- Orienteering - Are you good at using treasure maps? Build your skills to see if you can solve the clues and find your way around. You never know what you may find!
- Conservation activity - To keep our centre nature friendly, we regularly tak part in conservation activities such as coppicing and building bat boxes!
- Wave goodbye!
Before You Attend
What to bring
- Waterproof coat
- Comfortable shoes
- Lunch box
- Water bottle
- Sun cream
- Sun hat
- Please bring plenty of extra layers and spare clothes, you never know what the weather will be like!