This course is all about creating clear, minimal images from lines and forms. Come and explore the graphic potential of the winter outlines and structures in the countryside around Dedham Vale. Learn to identify the shapes, patterns and rhythms within the landscape, how they relate to each other and how to place them within the camera frame. We will work both in colour and black and white. Most of the time will be spent out and about taking pictures and honing our eye to create stunning compositions in camera rather than relying on post image manipulation.
The course aims to increase your awareness of available natural light and how it influences your image. To gain a greater understanding of depth of field and how different aperture settings can alter the emphasis and impact of your image. To introduce you to exposure compensation so you can use it creatively and if you wish produce abstract images. Experiment using different ISO settings and consider the pros and cons of using filters.
Be prepared for one early morning photography session, before breakfast.
Tutor: Jacqui HurstJacqui Hurst is a professional photographer and teacher who very much enjoys helping people make the most of their digital cameras. Please take a few moments to view her work at: www.jacquihurstphotography.co.uk
Bring a friend!
If you are attending a course at Flatford Mill at the sole occupancy price, we are offering a special rate for a friend or partner not enrolled on the course to also stay at £50 per night for dinner, bed and breakfast.
Please contact FSC Flatford Mill on 01206 297110 or [email protected] to book this offer.
Before You Attend
What to Bring
- Please ensure that your camera is in good working order, you have fully charged battery and a spare if possible
- A picture from a book, magazine or website that you find inspirational and are willing to share with the group
- Your camera manual – often very useful
- Blank memory cards
- Battery charger
- Tripod – if you have one
- USB memory stick for storing images from a PC
- If you have a laptop or tablet bring it along.
- Notebook, pen and/or pencil
- Large bin bag
- Small torch if you don’t have a one on your mobile phone
- Water bottle
- A small rucksack/bag to carry your camera and lunch
- Waterproofs – just in case it rains
Sorry this course has ended