An action-packed coastal adventure for those with a love of the sea and marine life. See beyond the beach!
We will spend our days snorkelling, rock pooling, crabbing and looking out for interesting sea life. As well as adventure, there will be opportunity to relax on the beach, play beach games and discover the wildlife and natural history of the area.
You will have one day free so that you and your family can go out and explore the local area. Ask your adventure leader on the best places to visit in the area!
For a full list of activities, see our timetable below. Our activities are most suitable for children aged 6 – 14 however younger children are welcome to join in. Children should be accompanied by a guardian on all activities. If your child will be under the age of three on time of arrival, please select the ‘Infant’ booking option so they can attend for free!
Tutor: Adventure Leaders
This experience will be led by our experienced and enthusiastic adventure leaders.
We have received the ‘Good to Go’ mark in recognition of following government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, ensuring processes are in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social/physical distancing.
Find out about our book with confidence scheme and how we will be keeping you safe.
All activities are subject to change, due to weather conditions at the time.
- Arrival and Welcome
- Ice breakers - Time to get to know your Adventure Leaders and the other families.
- Rock pooling - Rock pooling at Black Rock in Dale village and get a closer look at some rocky shore species.
- Crabbing - Crabbing from Dale Pontoon.
- Evening Walk - After the busy day we will be taking a relaxing local walk.
- Snorkelling - Snorkelling at Castle Beach with and an introduction to snorkelling
- Bushcraft Survival - Make a fire from locally scavenged material and see if you could survive on your own in the wild. We will be having our evening meal cooked on the fires and eating in the great outdoors.
- Free Day - Get out and explore with your family. Ask your adventure leader about the best places to visit!
- Big day out - A walk around a beautiful stretch of the coastline on the Stackpole Estate with a sandcastle/sand sculpture building competition.
- Mammals and Moths - Have a go at setting up humane mammal and moth traps ready for us to see what has visited us in the morning.
- Mammals and Moths - Discover what has been out at night in our centre grounds by opening up our small mammal and moth traps. Learn how traps are used for scientific monitoring and what happens with the data collected.
- Wild Art - Explore the local beach for washed up treasures, be inspired by the local surroundings and use natural resources to create your own holiday-inspired masterpiece.
- Snorkelling - After your first session earlier in the week you'll be ready to get back and improve your skills at Black Rock in Dale village!
- Free Evening
Before You Attend
What to bring
- Waterproof coat
- Comfortable shoes
- Swimming suits/shorts
- Lunch box
- Water bottle
- Sun cream
- Sun hat
- Please bring plenty of extra layers and spare clothes, you never know what the weather will be like!