An action-packed coastal adventure for those with a love of the sea and marine life. See beyond the beach!
We will spend our days snorkelling, rock pooling, crabbing and looking out for interesting sea life. As well as adventure, there will be opportunity to relax on the beach, play beach games and discover the wildlife and natural history of the area.
You will have one day free so that you and your family can go out and explore the local area. Ask your adventure leader on the best places to visit in the area!
For a full list of activities, see our timetable below. Our activities are most suitable for children aged 6 – 14 however younger children are welcome to join in. Children should be accompanied by a guardian on all activities.
Tutor: Adventure Leaders
This experience will be led by our experienced and enthusiastic adventure leaders.
We have received the ‘Good to Go’ mark in recognition of following government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, ensuring processes are in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social/physical distancing.
Find out about our book with confidence scheme and how we will be keeping you safe.
All activities are subject to change, due to weather conditions at the time.
Saturday Afternoon and Evening
- Arrival and Welcome
- Evening Walk - After travelling to Millport we will take you on a relaxing evening stroll.
- Rockpooling - Explore the inhabitants of the rocky shore on the Island. What lives under the rocks and in the seaweed?
- Walk - Our walk will include calling in the village of Millport for an icecream and a visit to the musuem as well as crabbing off the harbour.
- Orienteering - Explore your way around the local surroundings by using a map and learn about the environment along the way.
- Snorkelling - The shallow waters of Kames Bay offers beautiful sandy and rocky seabed's to explore from the warmth of a wetsuit!
- Bushcraft: Island Survival - Make a fire from locally scavenged material and see if you could survive on your own desert Island.
- Aquarium Touch Tanks – Get the chance to hold some creatures of the deep sea!
- Free Day - Get out and explore with your family. Ask your adventure leader about the best places to visit!
- Rafting - This is a wet, challenging and fun activity to increase teamwork and communication skills. Aboard the raft you will take-up your paddles and work together to face races, wet games and time trials.
- Habitat Creation - Enhance your local environment by building a bird box, bat box or bug hotel.
- Mammals and Moths - Have a go at setting up humane mammal and moth traps ready for us to see what has visited us in the morning.
- Mammals and Moths - Discover what has been out at night in our centre grounds by opening up our small mammal and moth traps. Learn how traps are used for scientific monitoring and what happens with the data collected.
- Snorkelling - After your first session earlier in the week you'll be ready to get back and improve your skills!
- Campfire - Share stories and sing songs around the campfire overlooking the sea.
Before You Attend
What to bring
- Waterproof coat
- Comfortable shoes
- Swimming suits/shorts
- Lunch box
- Water bottle
- Sun cream
- Sun hat
- Please bring plenty of extra layers and spare clothes, you never know what the weather will be like!