Enjoy capturing the beautiful area of Shropshire through the freedom of using a sketchbook.
Discover inspiring, interesting and simple ways to develop and improve your sketch work. Receive individual guidance to build confidence recording what you see. Explore drawing mediums and techniques to create interesting sketches which are enjoyable to make. Using a sketchbook is a wonderful way to build art skills to record a scene while being part of a creative group in a variety of inspiring environments. Each day we sketch in a new setting.
Tutor: Linda HollingsheadLinda Hollingshead runs dynamic painting courses, well known for her enthusiasm and encouraging manner. With a lifetime of painting experience Linda shows practical ways to help you bring the best out in your painting. Bringing her in-depth knowledge and mastery of different media she demonstrates ways to try something new in easy steps and as an expert on colour she shows how to use colour most successfully in your art.
We have received the ‘Good to Go’ mark in recognition of following government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, ensuring processes are in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social/physical distancing.
Find how we will be keeping you safe.
Before You Attend
What to Bring
Here are some suggestions of materials you may wish to work with:
- Choose a sketchbook size which feels comfortable to you. Remember you will be carrying outdoors
- Drawing tools can be a range of pencils; B, 2B, 4B 6B.
- Drawing pens - fineliners 3, .5 .8 EG. Pitt drawing pens or unipin. black, waterproof.
- Inks and a dip pen.
- Watercolours brush and water pot, neocolour or coloured pencils or pastels if you wish to work in colour.
- Bulldog clips or elastic bands to hold pages down
- Rubber, pencil sharpener, craft knife, masking tape.
- Wet wipes, Painting stool. Sun cream, hat, insect repellent, windproof jacket.
Sorry this course has ended