This two-day course gives an opportunity to explore this traditional craft and to make a 25cm square flower panel using the leaded technique. The pattern is shown in the photographs, but there will be a choice of colours to use for the flower and background. You will be able to use ‘etching’ cream to make a frosted pattern on some of the glass. The tutor will provide packs of glass for you to choose from. All the other materials and tools you will need to complete your panel are also provided, including a ‘shepherds crook’ to hang your panel on. The course is suitable for all levels, including beginners.
Tutor: Carole GrayCarole Gray is a designer maker, specialising in decorative and contemporary architectural stained glass. She mainly works to commission, producing windows, doors and other pieces for private and commercial clients.
Bring a friend!
If you are attending a course at Flatford Mill at the sole occupancy price, we are offering a special rate for a friend or partner not enrolled on the course to also stay at £50 per night for dinner, bed and breakfast.
Please contact FSC Flatford Mill on 01206 297110 or [email protected] to book this offer
Before You Attend
What to Bring
- An apron or coverall - you should not have open shoes or bare legs.
- Rubber gloves (such as washing up gloves).
- A paper face mask (optional).
Health & Safety
- You must not wear open shoes or have bare legs (even if the weather is warm). Do not wear loose clothing or dangly jewellery as it may get caught in machinery. Long hair must be tied back.
- Please note that you will not be able to work in the studio unless supervised by the tutor.
- The studio will not be accessible during the lunch and dinner breaks, or after teaching finishes in the evening at around 2100 hrs.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding you should consult your GP before enrolling on this course as working with solder (lead/tin) can be harmful to the developing baby.
You should be aware that a lot of the processes are best carried out whilst standing up and some physical effort is required. However, the tutor will help students where necessary.
Sorry this course has ended