Thank you for taking part in #fieldworklive. You are one of over 250,000 teachers and students to be part of this exciting event!
The recordings, resource packs and other live lesson opportunities can be found on Encounter Edu website.
FSC is a charity which helps schools and teachers with outdoor
learning. We provide high quality fieldwork opportunities and school trips from
a network of stunning UK learning locations.
We not only teach young people relevant topics and deliver
fun outdoor learning, but also aim to inspire everyone to be curious,
knowledgeable, passionate and caring about our environment. Our renowned educational
resources and publications have been designed to support you with teaching too.
Over 150,000 people experience FSC each year through our
centres, courses and publications!
Free Resources for Schools
Whether you are preparing for AS/A level/IB or GCSE, Geography or Biology, we’ve got you covered.
- Geography – Choose the area of Geography that you you would like to investigate and find help planning and carrying out the fieldwork.
- Biology – Discover resources for carrying out scientific investications and fieldwork ideas for every topic in Biology: Succession, Diversity and Energetics.
- GIS – Geographical Information Systems (GIS) capture, store, manipulate, analyse, manage and display spatial data.
- Digital Hub – Subscribe/login to our package of teaching videos and resources.
Get the best for your students on an FSC course
- Proven – thousands of teachers book day & residential courses with us each year
- Flexible – designed to meet your requirements and budget
- Curriculum linked – delivered by expert teams for all ages
- Reassurance for teachers and parents – we hold the Quality Badge from Learning outside the Classroom and will follow government guidance on social (physical) distancing
- Diverse learning locations throughout the UK – from the East End of London to the mountains of Snowdonia
With prices starting from £10/pupil please ask us now about courses for the upcoming academic year
Choose your FSC trip today:
Primary school trips
Secondary and further education trips
Order your publications here
FSC’s fold-out charts and project guides support outdoor teaching and learning in both Geography and Science.
- Geography teachers: support pupils through the geographical enquiry process with Geographical Investigations, Using GIS and Creative Fieldwork
- Science teachers: support pupils through scientific investigation with Maths for biologists, Playing field plants and Garden bugs and beasties
- All FSC guides are weather proof, easy to carry outside, and there are many different titles to choose
- Also available: Wildlife Packs, discounted packs with 3 or more fold-out guides plus a card-sized magnifier
- Order online for delivery within 3-5 days
Buy FSC Publications
Donate today to help young people
Did you enjoy the free #fieldworklive content? Help us to do more by supporting us. Every £ donated to us will be used to provide financial support for young people to learn more about the natural world through an FSC experience.
We expect more schools to need support following the pandemic and want to be able to help as many pupils and teachers as possible to access outdoor learning.