Set in South Buckinghamshire, within the Chiltern Hills AONB (Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty), FSC Amersham is located within 30 hectares of mixed woodland, meadows and ponds which surround and conceal Amersham Substation. The centre has two classrooms plus a yurt for the summer months. Most activities, apart from river and settlement studies, take place within an easy walk of the field centre building. We are uniquely accessible, being eight miles from Junctions 16 and 18 of the M25 and six miles from Junctions 2 and 4 of the M40.
Food at our centres
For one day visits you are usually asked to bring a packed lunch unless it is specified otherwise.
Residential visits include freshly prepared seasonal meals, with a cooked breakfast, packed lunch and choice of evening meal. Food is sourced locally wherever possible and we can cater for any dietary requirements.
Explore the centre and surrounding area
Health and Safety
- Learning Outside the Classroom Quality Badge
- Carbon Trust Standard
- Investors in People
- Secondary Geography Quality Mark (2018) (Geographical Association)
- Primary Geography Quality Mark (2018) (Geographical Association)
- Eco Centre
- John Muir Award
- Met Office active participant
- Safety Shield Health and Safety Award (Moorepay) Gold