This is the first year of the FSC Youth Council and we are welcoming applications from potential new Youth Councilors!
If you are excited by the idea of being a part of the new and engaging Youth Council for one of the UK’s leading environmental education charities, then apply now!
We are looking for young people from across the UK who want to make a difference in environmental education and connect young people with the outdoors. You will be supported with training and course opportunities to help with your own career, personal, or academic environmental aspirations.
If you are aged 16-251 and can attend regular virtual meetings2 and travel to an FSC location3 once a year than we would love to hear from you.
Diversity and inclusion are extremely important to the FSC. We encourage applications from young people currently underrepresented in the environmental sector. This includes those from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds, those with disabilities and LGBT+ young people.
What will I be doing on the FSC Youth Council?
- You will be a representative and a voice for the increasing number of young people who engage with the FSC
- You will provide input and influence on a range of exciting and popular FSC projects, camps and scholarships: Experiences for Young People
- Your feedback on FSC’s wide variety of courses and programmes will help shape their relevance and accessibility to young people
- You will be contributing and creating engaging online content for FSC’s large online audience
- You will be gaining valuable C.V. experience and connections in the environmental sector
Why should I join the FSC Youth Council?
The Council ensures all young people have the option to increase their environmental knowledge, connect more with nature and explore environmental career paths and volunteering opportunities through the FSC.
There are limited spaces, so please use the quick and easy application form to highlight why you would like to join and what you hope to gain, which will help with our selection process.
Please note this is a voluntary role. Closing date for Applications is March 21st , 11pm
If you have any questions, please email [email protected]
1 Considerations will be made for young people outside this age bracket if they are striving to enter the green sector and act in a mentoring capacity. 2 Access to a laptop and a zoom account will be necessary. Meetings will take place in the early evenings/weekends 3 All travel expenses will be funded by the FSC.