Throughout the pandemic Field Studies Council has always followed the guidance. Our focus remains making sure that all our visitors and staff are safe and feel safe.
We have a duty of care to our employees and to you, our visitors and maintain a safe working environment for everyone.
In line with current advice, we are asking everyone at our centres to carry on with routine, daily behaviours outlined below.
Book with Confidence
We understand the difficulties of making plans in the current situation when guidelines continue to change, and insurance conditions are being tightened. In response we will continue to offer additional flexibility.
- For new bookings made from 1 September 2020 and due to take place before 31 July 2023 we offer: Refundable payments: If your booking has to be cancelled due to national or local government restrictions on travel; school closure or requirement to self-isolate, your payments can be transferred to another booking or refunded. If for the same reasons a small number of students on a group booking cannot come on their trip as planned but we both decide the trip can go ahead for the remaining students, we can transfer payments from affected students to a future booking or refund the amount paid for their places to date.
Details of our refund policy are here.
- If you have an existing booking please contact us to confirm your booking options, email [email protected]org or phone 01743 852100.
If you need to make changes to a booking that falls outside our Book with Confidence promise, we will do our best to find a solution to your request under our normal Terms and Conditions. Please contact us to let us know what you need to consider.
Risk Assessment: FSC Covid-19 Secure for Employees, Customers and Visitors at FSC locations
You can view our Risk Assessment here
Some staff and customers may feel anxious as restrictions are lifted.
Distance Aware enables individuals and organisations to politely prompt ongoing distancing and respect of individual social space.
Follow Public Health Advice
At the present time, we ask all customers to undertake asymptomatic testing in line with government guidance (before your arrival, and during a residential stay).
We are also asking our staff to undertake Lateral Flow Tests in line with government guidance. All eligible staff are encouraged to take up the COVID-19 vaccine and boosters.
Any worker or customer with symptoms
Please do not visit our locations if you or anyone in your group has any of the following symptoms:
- High temperature
- New, continuous cough
- Loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
To keep staff and visitors safe, anyone displaying Covid-19 symptoms will be asked to return home.
If our staff develop symptoms, they will follow the current advice and guidance.
Ensure Good Hygiene
Don’t forget your face covering when visiting our Centres
In England, face coverings are recommended in enclosed spaces, and In Wales and Scotland they are mandatory in public indoor areas.
We ask guests to be aware and respectful and not to challenge those who choose to or who may not wear a face covering.
Good Hand and Respiratory Hygiene
Wash your hands regularly and use hand sanitiser if soap and water are not available.
Follow the “Catch it, bin it, kill it” approach to help control the transmission of all respiratory illnesses.
Keep spaces well ventilated
Good ventilation brings fresh air into indoor spaces will dilute any virus particles in the air.
We ask staff and customers to keep occupied spaces well ventilated. Partially opening windows and/or doors to maintain constant air flow or airing/purging a room (opening the door/windows wider) for a short period every hour (for example when people are on a break) will reduce the risk.
During your stay
We will continue to manage all of our operations according to the current advice. You may see changes to the way we do things, and should guidance change we have systems in place to respond.
FSC will have enhanced cleaning protocols in place including regular enhanced cleaning during your stay and deep cleaning between guests.
You can help us by:
- Signage: Following any signs and markings in place
- Ventilation: Keeping rooms well ventilated