Our centres have all been made fully Covid secure. When you are able to visit us, here is all the information you need…
Below you will find details of our Book with Confidence scheme which provides some booking flexibility, and the all-important Risk Assessment. We have also set out what our Covid secure centres will look and feel like so that you know what to expect. Each centre is unique, but we continue to follow all of the government guidelines closely. You will find that we use the term bubble. By this we mean either a household (those you live with), or group of students in the same school.
Book with Confidence
We understand the difficulties of making plans in the current situation when guidelines continue to change, and insurance conditions are being tightened. In response we will continue to offer additional flexibility.
- For new bookings made from 1 September 2020 and due to take place before 31 December 2021 we offer:
Refundable payments: If your booking has to be cancelled due to national or local government restrictions on travel; school closure or requirement to self-isolate, your payments can be transferred to another booking or refunded.
If for the same reasons a small number of students on a group booking cannot come on their trip as planned but we both decide the trip can go ahead for the remaining students, we can transfer payments from affected students to a future booking.
Details of our refund policy are here.
- If you have an existing booking please contact us to confirm your booking options, email [email protected] or phone 01743 852100.
If you need to make changes to a booking that falls outside our Book with Confidence promise, we will do our best to find a solution to your request under our normal Terms and Conditions. Please contact us to let us know what you need to consider.
Risk Assessment: FSC Covid-19 Secure for Employees, Customers and Visitors at FSC locations
For the Risk Assessment, please click here.
We are aware that national guidelines are rapidly changing around the requirement for using face coverings. For the safety of our staff and guests we ask that you wear face coverings in our indoor spaces, particularly where social distancing is more difficult. These include corridors, reception areas and common rooms. We ask for guests to be aware and respectful of exemptions and not to challenge those who are not wearing a face covering. Some people are less able to wear a face covering than others, and the reasons for this may not always be visible.
Before You Arrive
In order to keep our guests, staff and communities safe, we must ask that you confirm that your booking complies with any relevant national and local guidelines due to COVID-19 that are in place. This includes but is not limited to any maximum allowed group sizes and numbers of households and any local lockdown restrictions that may affect your plans.
Please also inform us as soon as possible should anything change before your arrival that may affect your visit. We will also ask you to confirm your adherence to relevant guidelines when you arrive as well as support you with various Covid Secure measures during your stay.
Please do not visit our locations if you or anyone in your bubble has any of the following symptoms:
- High temperature
- New, continuous cough
- Loss or change to your sense of smell or taste.
Please let us know if anyone in your group is at higher risk from Coronavirus.
To make your arrival as swift and safe as possible we have the guidance below:
- Follow your agreed arrival times and procedure.
- Check-in will be paper free.
- Staff will give further social distancing guidelines.
- Parents dropping off students for school trips must remain until the group leader is on site.
- We will work with you to maintain bubbles that your school group is already in. Government guidance for the 2020-2021 school year states bubbles in school will increase to the size of a class or a full year group.
During and After Your Stay
Throughout your stay please follow good hygiene and social distancing guidelines:
- Frequently wash your hands with soap and water.
- Hand sanitiser will be provided when soap and water is not available.
- Follow good hygiene whilst coughing and sneezing.
- Avoid unnecessary hand contact.
- Avoid touching eyes, mouth and nose.
- Use en-suite/allocated bathroom.
- Anyone displaying Covid-19 symptoms will be asked to return home.
- Please follow signage around the Centre.
We will follow a programme of regular enhanced cleaning throughout the Centre.
Should you or any members of your group display Covid-19 symptoms within 14 days of your departure, please notify us as soon as possible.
Prior to your arrival rooms will undergo thorough cleaning to minimise risk from covid-19:
- Each bedroom/bathroom will be fully sanitised.
- All surfaces are thoroughly cleaned.
- Bedrooms for school/university groups will allow for social distancing. Dormitories are currently closed. When allowed to open guidance will be followed which may include reducing the number of people per room, changing layouts and not using top bunks.
- Each bubble will have its own en-suite/allocated facilities.
Meals and Dining
In our dining rooms you will find:
- Screens between yourselves and our staff where distancing cannot be met.
- Markings to help with queuing.
- Social distancing between tables.
- Drinks and food payments made using contactless methods where possible.
- We can still cater for all dietary needs.
If guidelines change, and we are unable to run our dining rooms as usual we may offer a takeaway service:
- Pre-packaged take away meals available if pre-ordered.
- Collection of meals at a set time and location.
- Self-service, including self-made pack lunches, will not be available.
- For groups we will offer pre-ordered packed lunches, there may be a smaller choice of sandwich fillings.
Outside Learning (where applicable)
Government guidance encourages the use of outdoor learning, as being outside limits transmission and allows easier distancing between people. We are using these methods to keep you safe:
- Limiting group size in line with the government education guidance and your school policy.
- Equipment not shared between groups and cleaned between use.
- Avoid the use of FSC vehicles to transport groups.
- If school transport is used pupils will be in the bubbles they are allocated to, hand sanitiser provided and additional cleaning undertaken. We will follow the guidance for schools on dedicated school transport.
- Assessing our fieldwork sites to check they are Covid Secure.
- Planning courses so each bubble is at a different fieldwork site.
- Activities adapted if required for urban areas and busier fieldwork sites to limit contact with people.
- FSC staff will maintain their distance from the group.
Classroom Learning (where applicable)
We want to teach outside as much as possible, however where classrooms are needed we will follow the guidance below:
- Alter classroom layouts.
- A teacher space for the FSC tutor to maintain distance.
- Set flows in and out of classroom areas.
- Group leaders will remain responsible for behaviour and discipline of students to ensure social distancing is followed.
- Teach classes in the same bubbles that they are in at school.