We have really missed our visitors and are looking forward to welcoming you back. We have been busy making our centres Covid secure and here is the information that you need to reassure yourself and others before booking and staying with us.
Below you will find details of our Financial Assurance scheme which provides some booking flexibility, and the all-important Risk Assessment. We have also set out what our Covid secure centres will look and feel like so that you know what to expect. Each centre is unique, but we continue to follow all of the government guidelines closely. You will find that we use the term bubble. By this we mean either a household (those you live with), or group of students in the same school.
We understand the difficulties of making plans in the current situation when guidelines continue to change. We now offer:
- Date flexibility: You can move your deposit to another date/course until 31st July 2021 at any FSC Centre (availability permitting).
- Number flexibility: We will ask school/university groups to confirm final numbers around 3 weeks before the date of your course.
- Payment flexibility: We will ask you to make your final payment 2 weeks before you arrive at your FSC location.
Risk Assessment: FSC Covid-19 Secure for Employees, Customers and Visitors at FSC locations
For the Risk Assessment, please click here.
Before You Arrive
Please do not visit our locations if you or anyone in your bubble has any of the following symptoms:
- High temperature
- New, continuous cough
- Loss or change to your sense of smell or taste.
Please let us know if anyone in your group is at higher risk from Coronavirus.
To make your arrival as swift and safe as possible we have the guidance below:
- Follow your agreed arrival times and procedure.
- Check-in will be paper free.
- Staff will give further social distancing guidelines.
- Parents dropping off students for school trips must remain until the group leader is on site.
- We will work with you to maintain bubbles that your school group is already in.
During Your Stay
Throughout your stay please follow good hygiene and social distancing guidelines:
- Frequently wash your hands with soap and water.
- Hand sanitiser will be provided when soap and water is not available.
- Follow good hygiene whilst coughing and sneezing.
- Avoid unnecessary hand contact.
- Avoid touching eyes, mouth and nose.
- Use en-suite/allocated bathroom.
- Anyone displaying Covid-19 symptoms will be asked to return home.
- Please follow signage around the Centre.
We will follow a programme of regular enhanced cleaning throughout the Centre.
Prior to your arrival rooms will undergo thorough cleaning to minimise risk from covid-19:
- Each bedroom/bathroom will be fully sanitised.
- All surfaces are thoroughly cleaned.
- Bedrooms for school/university groups will allow for social distancing.
- Each bubble will have its own en-suite/allocated facilities.
Meals and Dining
Following current government guidance, we are unable to run our dining rooms as usual. Instead we will offer:
- Pre-packaged take away meals available if pre-ordered.
- Collection of meals at a set time and location.
When our dining areas can open:
- Screens between yourselves, the food and our staff where distancing cannot be met.
- Markings to help with queueing.
- Self-service, including self-made pack lunches, will not be available.
- Social distancing set up in dining rooms.
- An option for take-away meals.
- Drinks and food payments made using contactless methods where possible.
Outside Learning (where applicable)
Government guidance encourages the use of outdoor learning, as being outside limits transmission and allows easier distancing between people. We are using these methods to keep you safe:
- Limiting group size in line with the government education guidance and your school policy.
- Equipment not shared between groups and cleaned between use.
- Avoid the use of FSC vehicles to transport groups.
Classroom Learning (where applicable)
We want to teach outside as much as possible, however where classrooms are needed we will follow the guidance below:
- Alter classroom layouts.
- A teacher space for the FSC tutor.
- Set flows in and out of classroom areas.
- Group leaders will remain responsible for behaviour and discipline of students to ensure social distancing is followed.