Throughout the pandemic FSC has always followed the guidance. Our focus remains making sure that all our visitors and staff are safe and feel safe. Along with thousands of other organisations around the UK we are currently working out how we can continue to do this as restrictions lift.
We have a duty of care to our employees and to you, our visitors. We also need to protect the charity from having to suddenly close centres if groups of staff have to self-isolate.
At the current time, we are asking everyone at our centres to:
- continue to wear face coverings in shared indoor spaces including minibuses (unless exempt)
- maintain social distancing from those who you do not live with, or usually meet
- clean your hands regularly
- test before you arrive
- check-in to the venue
It is also important to follow the guidance for the nation in which you stay.
- It is a legal requirement for adults and children over 12 to wear face-coverings in indoor public places
- Face coverings remain mandatory in all indoor public indoor places for adults and children over 12, though younger children are encouraged to wear them.
Below you will find details of our Book with Confidence scheme which provides a refund in the event of covid-related cancellation, and the all-important Covid Secure Risk Assessment.
Our centres have all been made Covid secure. More detail on local arrangements at the Centre you are visiting are here.
Book with Confidence
We understand the difficulties of making plans in the current situation when guidelines continue to change, and insurance conditions are being tightened. In response we will continue to offer additional flexibility.
- For new bookings made from 1 September 2020 and due to take place before 31 December 2022 we offer: Refundable payments: If your booking has to be cancelled due to national or local government restrictions on travel; school closure or requirement to self-isolate, your payments can be transferred to another booking or refunded. If for the same reasons a small number of students on a group booking cannot come on their trip as planned but we both decide the trip can go ahead for the remaining students, we can transfer payments from affected students to a future booking.
Details of our refund policy are here.
- If you have an existing booking please contact us to confirm your booking options, email [email protected] or phone 01743 852100.
If you need to make changes to a booking that falls outside our Book with Confidence promise, we will do our best to find a solution to your request under our normal Terms and Conditions. Please contact us to let us know what you need to consider.
Risk Assessment: FSC Covid-19 Secure for Employees, Customers and Visitors at FSC locations
For the Risk Assessment, please click here.
Planning your trip
Don’t forget your face covering
In England, face coverings are recommended in enclosed spaces and in Wales and Scotland they are mandatory in public indoor areas.
Therefore, at the current time, we are asking everyone at our centres to continue to wear face coverings in our shared indoor spaces including corridors, reception areas, dining rooms and minibuses unless you are exempt. There may also be some circumstances when we ask students to wear face coverings in classrooms and outside, when working close to our staff.
We ask guests to be aware and respectful of exemptions and not to challenge those who are not wearing a face covering. Some people are less able to wear a face covering than others, and the reasons for this may not always be visible.
At the present time, we ask all customers to undertake asymptomatic testing before arrival at the Centre.
We are also asking our staff to undertake Lateral Flow Tests twice a week.
Before You Arrive
To help us keep our guests, staff and communities safe, we ask that you must confirm that your booking complies with any relevant national and local COVID-19 guidelines that are in place. This includes the maximum allowed group sizes and numbers of households and any local restrictions that may affect your plans.
Please also let us know as soon as possible should anything change before your arrival that may affect your visit.
We will also ask you to confirm you are following relevant guidelines when you arrive as well as support you with various Covid Secure measures during your stay.
Any customers travelling into the UK from another country before their trip should have followed all current guidance on testing and quarantine.
Please do not visit our locations if you or anyone in your bubble has any of the following symptoms:
- High temperature
- New, continuous cough
- Loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
Please let us know if anyone in your group is at higher risk from Coronavirus.
During Your Stay
FSC will have enhanced cleaning protocols in place including regular enhanced cleaning during your stay and deep cleaning between guests
You can help us by:
- Signage: Following signs and markings to help maintain social distancing and using your allocated rooms, classrooms and bathrooms
- Ventilation: Keeping rooms well ventilated
- Hygiene: Following good hygiene practice
- Using Hand Sanitiser: Will be available throughout the centre
In our dining rooms you will find:
- Drinks and food payments made using contactless methods where possible.
- We can still cater for all dietary needs
If guidelines change, and we are unable to run our dining rooms as usual we may offer a takeaway service:
- Pre-packaged take away meals available if pre-ordered
- Collection of meals at a set time and location
Packed lunches will be pre-ordered in advance and prepared by staff.
If You Develop Symptoms
To keep staff and visitors safe, anyone displaying Covid-19 symptoms will be asked to return home.
If our staff develop symptoms, we will follow the FSC internal protocols, asking them to return home, take a PCR test and isolate for 10 days.
Please let us know if you develop symptoms or have a positive Covid test within 14 days of leaving one of our Centres.
Outside Learning (where applicable)
Government guidance encourages the use of outdoor learning, as being outside limits transmission and allows easier distancing between people. We are using these methods to keep you safe:
- Equipment not shared between groups and cleaned between use
- Activities adapted if required for urban areas and busier fieldwork sites to limit contact with people
- FSC staff will maintain their distance from the group, or wear face coverings
Classroom Learning (where applicable)
We want to teach outside as much as possible, however where classrooms are needed, we will follow the guidance below:
- Alter classroom layouts
- Ensure good ventilation
- A teacher space for the FSC tutor to maintain distance
- Group leaders will remain responsible for behaviour and discipline of students to ensure social distancing is followed