Students will investigate the consequences of economic change in East London. Focussing on Stratford and Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, students will investigate the change from industrial east London, to a retail and sporting hub.
This course usually runs from 9.30am – 3.30pm, but times can be adjusted to suit your group and travel plans. During your visit you will be welcome to the centre and given an appropriate health and safety briefing. Your session will start with an introduction to the day, aims and objectives. Throughout the day we will undertake fieldwork, collecting data appropriate to the topic. We will break for lunch, before continuing with our fieldwork. Depending on the day and the specific times of your visit we may include some data presentation and analysis and we will end the day with a summary including drawing conclusions and limitations. Please note that specific activities for your group are subject to change. We go out in all weathers and seasons and will tailor the content of the day accordingly.
How this course fulfills the specification
- Edexcel B Topic 3 Urbanising World, 3.2 Urbanisation, Topic 5, 5.1 UK economy
- AQA 3.2 Human Environments, 3.2.1 Urban Issues and challenges, economic change, Section B Fieldwork
- OCR A 1.2 People of the UK, 1.2.3 development in the UK
- OCR B 2c People and society, Topic 7 UK in the 21st Century, 7.1 How is the UK changing? (c) UK economy
Added value of this course
- Develop personal skills
- Have fun
- Be inspired by a passion for the subject
- Build friendships