This course is fully booked.
Come and spend some time developing your painting skills in a relaxing, supportive environment, on a day spent drawing and painting in the workroom or outside in the landscape. Workshops are open to all and numbers are kept low, to allow the day to be individually tailored to ability.
You will have the opportunity to use Wallace Seymour ancient drawing materials (stones and crushed earth pigment) to begin your drawing session and loosen you up to look for the different layers in the landscape, moving on to planning and developing an oil painting on board. Hopefully most of the day will be spent outdoors where you are more able to capture the atmosphere, but that is weather dependent!
You will be shown different application techniques and tools, building up layers of textures, coloured glazes and paints to create effects in your work.
We anticipate that this course will run with between 4 and 10 participants.
Tutor: Penny HuntPenny Hunt has taught art for over 25 years as well as creating her own work from her studio in the beautiful Yorkshire Dales. Her work is about the little things that make up that landscape of freedom, the places where you feel the full force of wind and weather and find some perspective on life. Penny’s Fine Art degree, MA and many years teaching helped develop her paintings, printmaking and ceramic work. Each material feeds back into the other, the layering, overprinting and intaglio techniques are present in all. More about her work can be found on her website at www.penny-hunt.co.uk.
Start and finish times
- Participants are requested to report to reception on arrival between 09:30 and 09:45 in good time for the course starting at 10:00
- The course is due to end at around 17:00
- Refreshments and a light lunch are included
- Use of resources including library, workrooms and the centre grounds.
Before You Attend
What to bring:
- Weather permitting, we will aim to work outside, so warm and waterproof clothing and suitable footwear will be useful. may be useful for working in the centre grounds.
- Participants will also need to bring old clothes or an apron. Everything else will be provided but you are welcome to bring small items that you think might inspire you. Penny will also have lots of inspirational material related to the local area should you wish to use it.
Sorry this course has ended