Join us for a wild food forage. Taste your way through the National Nature Reserve on a wild-food themed walk, searching for edible plants of the hedgerow and woodland.
Collect some of nature’s bounty as we go, learning also what not to pick as well some of the folklore behind the plants that we have on the nature reserve. Then using some of our finds we will have a go at tasting our very own pesto and spring tea.
Wild food guides will be available to borrow during the walk and can be purchased at the end.
Tutor: Field Studies Council Staff
Courses are led by experienced Field Studies Council staff.
- All equipment will be provided
- ID guide will be available to borrow during the event.
Before You Attend
What to bring
- A basket for collecting foraged items.
- We will be outside so please dress appropriately for the weather.
- Expect to be walking on uneven terrain, sometimes on small unsurfaced (and muddy) paths.