Our free tree guide campaign:
- Provides the opportunity for people registering to receive two different tree guides for free in the post; one guide in spring 2023 and another autumn 2023. These are fold out charts from the range illustrated here
- Provide ‘households’ with one copy of each guide and people representing groups (such as schools and community groups) with multiple copies of each guide to use with their group members.
- Bases allocation of tree guides on the availability of stock. There are enough guides to engage about 5,000 people through households and groups in 2023.
- Bases allocation of tree guides on the extent to which recipients match FSC’s target beneficiary audiences based on aims of charitable funding obtained to deliver this campaign.
- The prioritised audiences are people in one or more of the following groups:
- Aged 12-30 or people working with this age group.
- Living in Bradford and Glasgow as determined with project partners and postcodes.
- Lower level of current tree knowledge and related roles.
- Black and brown ethnicity.
- Will notify people in April 2023 if they will receive their tree guide in the post. Guides will be posted within 30 days of this notification. People not allocated a posted guide will be sent a tree guide in a PDF format or equivalent.
- Will send people emails with ideas for engaging with trees and volunteer and career ideas to protect trees and wider natural environment.
- Collects information to help us and our funders know who we’re reaching.
Trees guide are:
- Subject to change where items may differ from that advertised across promotional material and online.
- Not to be sold, used as competition prizes, or otherwise given in exchange for goods or services.
- Not to be promoted or advertised on ‘freebie’ websites.
Recipients of trees guide are required to:
- Be 16 years of age or over, or have parental consent if aged 12-15.
- Ensure that the information and delivery address supplied in FSC’s registration form is accurate. FSC is not responsible for any inaccurate or unsuccessful deliveries.
- Take responsibility for the health and safety of themselves and other people they involve when carrying out activities suggested as part of this campaign.
- Complete the necessary photo consent forms as advised in FSC’s photography policy when taking photographs of people participating in activities, if sharing these photos with FSC.
- Have permission from landowners or others required when carrying out activities suggested as part of this campaign, e.g., accessing spaces for tree identification.
- If the applicant is under 18 years of age, a responsible adult (someone over the age of 18) must help them undertake the above tasks.
Field Studies Council:
- Reserves the right to withdraw or amend this campaign at any time. Notification will be made on the FSC website.
- Does not guarantee that all entries to the campaign will receive free tree guides.
- May contact campaign participants to take part in promotional activities and evaluation surveys.