We endeavour to offer a competitive salary for every role in order to attract and retain the best staff and, with this in mind, our salaries have been externally benchmarked against those paid by other ‘not for profit’ and private sector organisations. This means that, to ensure equality and consistency, all FSC roles have a pre-defined salary grade, which is clearly stated during the recruitment process.
Your point of entry within the salary grade for the post will be dependent upon your skills, qualifications and experience. We reward performance by enabling you to progress incrementally within the salary grade: any further incremental progression* will be subject to your meeting required standards and satisfactory individual performance reviews. Your salary will be paid monthly in arrears by BACS transfer. The salary scale is reviewed annually.
* Those employed on casual or fixed term contracts will be appointed to a fixed point salary.
Annual Holiday Entitlement
Our holiday year runs from 1st January to 31st December each year. During a complete holiday year, you will accrue an entitlement to paid annual holidays (including Bank Holidays) equating to:
- 28 days for a full time employee, if based in England or Wales;
- 29 days for a full time employee, if based in Scotland;
- 30 days for a full time employee, if based in Northern Ireland.
We recognise and reward staff loyalty by awarding up to five days additional paid leave, based on length of service (pro rata for part time or seasonal staff).
We offer an enhanced Company Sick Pay scheme, that pays sick pay at your normal pay rate for up to two months in any rolling 12 month period, based on length of service.
To help our staff save for their retirement, FSC currently operates three pension schemes:
- All eligible teaching staff are automatically entered into the Teachers’ Pension Scheme. For further information go to: https://www.teacherspensions.co.uk/members/member-hub.aspx
- All other staff will be automatically enrolled into or will have the option to join the NEST Pension Scheme. For further information go to: https://www.nestpensions.org.uk/schemeweb/nest/members.html
- We also offer a defined contribution Flexible Retirement Plan with TPT as an alternative scheme to eligible employees. Our employer contribution is 13%, and your minimum employee contribution is 7.4%. For further information go to: https://www.tpt.org.uk/schemes/frp-dc-member
All eligible employees who are aged between 16 and 70 are automatically covered for ‘death in service’ benefit of a lump sum of up to four times your basic annual salary.