We are giving you the chance to win a £50 voucher which can be used towards one of our courses.
So if you’ve been looking to book a natural history course, to discover more about lichens, or fancied learning how to create stained glass, why not take part in this fun seasonal photography competition for your chance to win.
We’d love to see your wildlife, landscape and seasonal photos so have decided upon the theme of ‘Wild Winter.’
Keep the theme in mind when you are out and about or looking through your back catalogue of wildlife and nature photography. We’d like to see photos taken within the British Isles, to celebrate the beauty of winter here in the UK.
This year we have a very special judging panel. The newly appointed Youth Council will be going through your entries to choose a winner which best illustrates the theme of ‘Wild Winter’. The Youth Council are a group of twelve proactive young naturalists aged 16-25 from across the UK who act as representatives for other young people who engage with us. We’re really excited to have them involved with this year’s competition and they can’t wait to see your submissions.
How to enter
Photographs can be submitted through our Facebook or Instagram profiles (Please see the pinned post for details on how to enter through each platform) or they can be emailed through to [email protected]
The closing date for entries is Friday 15th December 2023 at 9am.
The winner will be announced through our Facebook and Instagram channels on Thursday 21st December 2023.
Photographs submitted may be used in Field Studies Council promotional literature, website and social media. By entering, you consent and give permission for us to use the photo in the future. Photographs will be credited if used.
Terms and Conditions
Winter Photography Competition 24th November – 15th December 2023
- This prize draw is open to UK residents aged over 18.
- The prize is a £50 voucher which can be redeemed on the Field Studies Council website against any of our Natural History, Art and Leisure, Walking and Nature Experiences, Family or Experiences for Young People courses.
- This prize can’t be redeemed for cash.
- The closing date for entries is Friday 15th December 2023 at 9am. Any entries received after this date won’t be included.
- One winner will be chosen from entries submitted through Facebook, Instagram or via email.
- Only photographs taken within the British Isles will be considered.
- Only photographs taken by you as the photographer can be submitted.
- If we suspect fraud we will disqualify you from the prize draw.
- Entrants’ photos may be used on Field Studies Council promotional literature, website and social media and by entering you are confirming your consent. Credit will be given if your photo is used.
- The winner will be announced through our Facebook and Instagram channels on Thursday 21st December 2023.
- The winner will be notified by announcement on our Facebook or Instagram page and will need to respond within 28 days to claim the prize.
- Some competitions can get cloned by fake profiles on social media. Rest assured, we will never ask for card details via direct message. This is one of the tactics that fake Facebook/Instagram profiles use. If you receive such a message, please don’t respond, and report the profile to Facebook/Instagram.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram.
- The competition is run by Field Studies Council.
- By participating in this prize draw, entrants confirm they have read, understood and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.