The FSC is passionate about inspiring and helping people to explore, understand, enjoy and appreciate the environment. If you have had a lifetime of inspiration from the natural world you could help the FSC continue its inspirational work by leaving a gift in your will. Any amount, large or small, will be put to excellent use.
How will your gift be used?
You may like to request that your gift to the FSC is allocated in one of three areas of our work all of which will help a greater number of people enjoy an FSC experience and understand more about the natural world.
- FSC support for young people – your legacy could make a real difference to a young person’s life. It could support disadvantaged groups of young people through FSC Kids Fund or FSC bursary Fund or it could provide Young Darwin Scholarships to nurture and support young people who a real interest in the natural world.
- FSC General Fund – your gift will be used to support the work of the Charity and help provide an even better experience for our visitors.
- FSC Centre specific– you may have a particular memory or affinity to one or more FSC Centre and therefore wish to make your gift to benefit facilities or groups of individuals who visit that Centre.
Making a Will
We recommend that you should contact a solicitor before making a will. This is usually inexpensive and will ensure that your intentions are clear and easily understood. He/she will ask you to list the people and charities to who you would like to leave gifts and possessions. You can specify the type of gift that you would like to leave.
- A gift in kind – a specified item such as a property
- Pecuniary gift – a sum of money
- Residuary gift – all or part of your whole estate once all other gifts, donations and liabilities have been taken care of
Leaving a legacy to a charity, such as FSC, is free of inheritance tax which means that there may be less tax to pay on the estate.
Thank you for considering leaving a legacy to the FSC and we hope that you will support our ongoing work. If you would like to discuss any aspect of including the FSC in your Will please do not heistate to contact us on 01743 852100.
Field Studies Council,