Project dates: 2017-2019
Funder: People’s Postcode Lottery
Free and discounted sessions are available in the Royal Parks for non-fee paying schools. Mission: Invertebrate are on a mission to enthuse students about the wonders of the invertebrate world!
FSC is delighted to be working with The Royal Parks to deliver this project in Bushy Park, Greenwich Park and The Regent’s Park. Mission: Invertebrate is working with a range of partners to deliver exciting events across the Royal Parks. As one of the learning partners, FSC is delivering sessions for local schools and helping deliver family events.
Enter the magical miniature world of minibeasts in this fun and practical session. Explore park habitats and identify, name and classify the invertebrates found in them. Consider the roles invertebrates play in food chains, pollination and recycling – and observe some of them in action!
Our full or half day KS1/KS2 sessions cover invertebrate classification, habitats and the important roles invertebrates play in them. These sessions are delivered by experienced, DBS checked, first aid trained environmental educators with LOTC quality badges.
Free Autumn sessions: Monday 28 October – Friday 29 November 2019
Mission: Invertebrate sessions are available for SEND, KS1 and KS2 student groups. Please note, places are limited to:
- Non-fee paying schools in Greater London
- Two sessions per school per academic year
To book a Mission: Invertebrate school session, please email: [email protected] with the following information:
- Subject: Mission Invertebrate Project
- Your name
- School name
- School address and postcode
- Your email
- Contact phone number
- Preferred Park: (choose) Bushy Park / Greenwich Park / The Regent’s Park
- Preferred date of visit:
- Year Group of students:
- Number of students:
- Number of supporting adults:
- Any Medical conditions / SEN we need to be aware of
Other ways to get involved in Mission: Invertebrate:
There are lots of ways you can get involved with Mission: Invertebrate, including:
- Family days: During the summer months the Mission: Invertebrate will be visiting all the Royal Parks inspiring families with free events for all, including storytelling, nature trails, arts and crafts, and insect inspired games.