Travelling to Millport
You need to arrange your own transport to the centre, we can suggest using First Travel.
- First Travel is working in partnership with the Field Studies Council to help reduce the cost of travelling to any FSC Centre, using their coach and rail network.
First Travel Solutions is part of the First Group of companies, the UK’s largest surface passenger transport company carrying 2.7 million passengers each day.
For a quotation ring : 0844 854 2560 or email www.firsttravelsolutions.com
When calling for a quotation please identify your enquiry as an FSC referral in order to receive preferential rates.
- The FSC provides blanket insurance policy for School Transport which is automatically provided to all eligible FSC course participants at no extra cost.
Alternatively please contact the centre if you would like contact details of local coach operators.
- Arriving by train, with the close proximity of Largs train station to the Millport ferry, and the excellent links to Glasgow Central train station, this is understandably a very popular (and low carbon) way of reaching the Centre. Many of our guests find it cheaper to book tickets to Glasgow, and then buy a separate ticket for the last short leg of the journey from Glasgow Central to Largs. Find out more about travelling to us by train.
Three easy steps to get on to the island:
(1) Once you arrive in Largs train station simply head out the main exit, and once on the high street you will see the slip way, from where the ferry departs, 100 metres to your left.
(2) To the left of the slip way there is a small ferry office where you can buy a return passenger ticket for under £5. Then board the ferry (on the return journey no tickets are collected, so you only need a ticket to get to the island).
(3) 8 minutes after leaving Largs you will arrive on the Cumbrae Slip, where a bus will be waiting. Currently tickets are £2 for a single journey. The bus stops, about 5 minutes later, outside the Centre, which is at the start of the Millport town 30mph zone.
Click here for further details How to find us.
Travelling to field sites
- If possible groups will walk to field sites, but if need minbus transport is provided free of charge.