Nestled in a secluded magical valley on the eastern edge of Exmoor National Park sits FSC Nettlecombe Court, a striking example of a Tudor and Georgian country mansion set within its own beautiful grounds. With excellent access to the Somerset coast, Exmoor National Park (a Dark Skies area) and The Quantocks (an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty), we are perfectly positioned to make the most of the county’s spectacular countryside.
We have simple, comfortable accommodation mostly in a mixture of single, twin and dormitory rooms.
It has extensive private grounds suitable for children playing outdoor games and don’t worry if the weather isn’t on your side as we have TV in both the snug and games room which also includes a pool table, arcade games, table football and lots of board games.
It is approximately half an hour from Taunton and the motorway network.
- All linen provided.
- A mix of single, twin, and dormitory rooms.
- Some rooms have en suite facilities with others having allocated bathroom facilities, along with three ground floor WCs
- Towels are provided.
- Fully catered services for all dietary needs available.
- The Centre has a large dining room with big tables and benches and chairs.
- Ample parking is provided.
- Extensive grounds suitable for outdoor games and many on-site habitats which include a stream, woodlands and grasslands.
General / Facilities
- Free, fast Wi-Fi (50Mbps download / 25Mbps upload on average) – example, need to update.
- Mobile signal is moderate and varies depending on network.
- A shop on site sells gifts, sweets, drinks, toiletries, and wildlife identification guides.
- The centre has a licenced bar serving pre and post dinner drinks (dependent on the group).
- If you need disabled access, please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Local towns and tourist attractions
- Exmoor National Park: Walk or bike around the Exmoor National Park seeking out wildlife and plants or just sit back and enjoy the stunning views.
- The Quantocks Area of Outstanding National Beauty: Enjoy horse riding, bird watching and see if you can spot the impressive red deer. Don’t forget to bring your binoculars!
- Taunton: Head to Taunton to discover the shops, pubs or just enjoy the old historic county town.
- Dunster Castle: Dunster Castle is a former motte and bailey castle, now a country house, in the village of Dunster, Somerset.
Things to know
- Check in: 4pm.
- Check out: 10am.
- No smoking in the buildings but there are designated outside smoking areas.
- No parties.
- No pets.
- Please be aware there may be other groups on site as part of our educational offering.
Keeping you safe
- Social distancing and other Covid-19-related guidelines apply.
- Due to Covid-19 some amenities may be unavailable.
- We are committed to enhanced cleaning processes. Find out more about our covid procedures.
- Smoke alarms in all buildings.
- Code locks on entrance points.
- First aid stations (including a defibrillator) and First Aid trained staff available.
- Free cancellation for 24 hours.
- After that, cancel before 4 weeks before and get a 50% refund, minus the service fee.