The Field Studies Council (FSC) positively impacts people and planet.
Our impact comes from providing outstanding experiences for people to connect with the environment, learn about it, and make choices that help protect it. This was the vision of FSC’s pioneers when they first met during World War Two.
Every year, our charity works with over 150,000 children and young people. We help them understand and value the natural environment upon which we all depend, especially now during a climate and biodiversity crisis.
Now we’ve brought together some of FSC’s latest projects, stories, and statistics in a colourful report for you to enjoy.
New sections include our response to Covid, Eco Skills and the Youth Council.
Tell me more
The report has lots of short sections highlighting FSC’s environmental education for people of all ages and abilities.
The report now includes how we responded to Covid-19 and new areas of work where our impact is growing.
View extracts from the report:
- Outdoor learning (pages 4-5)
- Responding to the Covid pandemic (pages 6-8)
- Digital experiences (page 9)
- Biolinks (pages 10-11)
- Youth voices (pages 12-13)
- Publications (pages 14-15) and Find out More About Wildlife (page 16)
- Natural history training courses (pages 17)
- Reaching everyone and opening access (pages 18-21)
- Health and wellbeing (pages 22-23)
- Responding to the climate emergency (pages 24-25)
- Partnership projects (pages 26-27)
- Advocacy (pages 28-29)
- Stay with us (pages 30-31)
- Meet the FSC staff: a passionate bunch (pages 34-35)
And there’s more
Our impact report can’t fully capture the breadth and depth of so many FSC staff and volunteers working tirelessly towards environmental education.
Here’s where you can find out more:
- Look out for updates to the report as we collaborate with new partners and audiences.
- Discover stories on FSC’s website and social media channels: Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Instagram.
- Read FSC’s annual report
How can I help?
Please tell people about the FSC’s impact. The easiest way is to share this webpage with your friends and colleagues through email and social media.
Please support FSC. Every year, demand for outdoor education far exceeds our charitable funds. We know young people are missing out experiences they need to protect the environment, improve their wellbeing, and live sustainably. Every £ donated helps FSC deliver high quality fieldwork and share our renowned resources.
If you’re able, please donate to FSC today. Donating is quick, secure and trusted by our supporters across the UK.