Exam Ready Fieldwork
Field Studies Council offers complete conceptual and methodological fieldwork enquiries to prepare students for fieldwork exams and coursework across all specifications at GCSE.
Delivered by expert, passionate Tutors at the forefront of fieldwork tuition with a wide range of contrasting locations available.
Using the latest fieldwork methodologies and ICT equipment including GIS packages.
At our Field Studies Council centres, you can:
- Complete the fieldwork requirements for GCSE within a range of human and physical environments
- Complete residential courses incorporating full enquiries with skill development and techniques across all 6 stages of the geographical enquiry process
- Receive support and guidance from FSC’s field tutors throughout your stay
- Build students’ confidence in their studies with well-paced learning in surroundings that will support their wellbeing
- Access innovative and creative fieldwork techniques and processes devised by experienced tutors and through collaboration with our strategic partners, such as the Geographical Association, and Awarding Organisations
- Options to build in adventure and additional learning opportunities to facilitate broad learning outcomes
Please note that to ensure safe and quality learning experiences, the timetables may alter depending on weather conditions and local factors. This example timetable for a 3 day GCSE Field course, incorporating a minimum of 2 contrasting locations.
Arrive by Midday - Arrival and settle into centre
Fieldwork Methodology Classroom introduction and visit a close by fieldwork location
Investigation follow up Data presentation, data analysis, conclusions and evaluation Or Adventure Sessions Build team work skills and cohesion through activities such as team games, orienteering or low ropes.
Fieldwork Methodology Classroom introduction and visit your chosen contrasting fieldwork location
Fieldwork Methodology Continue data collection with evaluation and data presentation as a cross-cutting theme
Investigation follow up Data presentation, data analysis, conclusions and evaluation
Fieldwork Methodology Classroom introduction and visit a contrasting fieldwork location or return to first day location to complete study
Depart at 12:00 Or Fieldwork Methodology Continue data collection with evaluation and data presentation as a cross-cutting theme Then depart at 17:00 Note: For WJEC/Eduqas the topic will be adjusted in accordance with the AO topic requirements for that year.
Added value of this course
- Develop personal skills
- Have fun
- Be inspired by a passion for the subject
- Build friendships