This beginner course will make use of both online and in-person learning to introduce you to skills and knowledge needed for a successful career in ecological consultancy, specifically related to faunal surveys.
What will this course cover?
- Why faunal surveys are undertaken, and what species are typically the focus of surveys
- How to collect data and developing an understanding of how it is used
- Examples of field survey techniques for certain species/groups of species
- Field session to practice some survey techniques explored
- What it takes to be a successful ecological consultant
- How to craft a first-class CV and get noticed by potential employers
Tutor: Mike Dean
Mike has been an Ecological Consultant since 1997, a career choice born out of a love of the outdoors and a passion for wildlife. He is a Fellow member of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM), a Chartered Ecologist and a Chartered Environmentalist. His specialism is protected species, with a focus on water voles. He is involved in writing good practice guidance for the profession and is the author of recently published practical guides for ecologists on report writing and water vole surveys.
If you would like to purchase a user licence for multiple school sites please contact us.