Join us as we explore Epping Forest and discover more about the nature and wildlife that lives here.
Join us as we go pond dipping and discover the creatures that live in our ponds. If we are lucky we may spot newts and frogs too. Catch creatures, get up close and look at them in detail and find out more about them. Find out how to care for British wildlife and encourage it into your own garden.
Tutor: James BromheadJames Bromhead is FSC London Region Assistant Education Team Leader based at Epping Forest Field Centre and has a wealth of experience teaching groups of all ages and abilities freshwater ecology courses as well as delivering a variety of surveying sessions for the Centre.
FSC want to inspire people to be curious, caring, and passionate about our environment. Our Explore nature and wildlife experiences are open to anyone. The mix of activities will inspire you to find out more about and discover how you can help wildlife on your doorstep. To take part you do not need any experience or any expensive kit, just an enthusiasm for being outside and discovering more about nature. Experts leaders and are happy to share their enthusiasm and encourage you to ask questions.
Before You Attend
What to bring
- Bring Wellington Boots (if you have them)
- Bring a packed lunch and additional drinks
- Bring a bag to carry personal items whilst outside
- Wear suitable clothing and footwear for the weather and being based outside for some or all of the day
- When outside, expect to be walking through easy terrain, sometimes on small unsurfaced (and muddy) paths.
Sorry this course has ended