On this one day course you will learn to make hanging copperfoiled glass stars. You will have time to make three stars, varying in size from 11 – 19cm.
If there is enough time, you can make additional stars, although there will be a charge for the extra materials. The course is a practical one and includes glass cutting, copperfoiling and soldering.
The day is suitable for any level of experience, including total beginners. All the materials and tools required for the course will be supplied. Included in the course fee are enough materials for one large, one medium and one small star.
If you require accommodation before or after the course, please contact us and we’ll try to help.
Tutor: Carole GrayCarole Gray is a designer maker, specialising in decorative and contemporary architectural stained glass. She mainly works to commission, producing windows, doors and other pieces for private and commercial clients.
Before You Attend
What to Bring
- An apron or coverall - you should not have open shoes or bare legs.
- A paper face mask (optional).
Health and Safety
- You must not wear open shoes or have bare legs (even if the weather is warm).
- Do not wear loose clothing or dangly jewellery as it may get caught in machinery. Long hair must be tied back.
- Please note that you will not be able to work in the studio unless supervised by the tutor.
- The studio will not be accessible during the lunch and dinner breaks.
- Please note that most of the morning will be spent standing up.
If you are pregnant or breast feeding you should consult your GP before enrolling on this course as working with solder (lead/tin) can be harmful to the developing baby.
Refreshments are included, but please bring lunch with you.