In a quiet wooded valley in an unspoilt area of the chalk North Downs, Juniper Hall, leased from the National Trust, is a superb country house dating from the 17th century. It is about 1km from Box Hill and only 40km from central London.
Find out about the centre
Juniper Hall Field Centre
Telephone: 0845 458 3507 (local rate call)
Fax: 0845 458 9219
Head of Centre: Clive Bromhall
* No. of Beds: 100
* No. of Workrooms: 5
* Networked ICT facilities for all labs
* A library with a wide range of books on environmental topics, available to the local community
* Disabled access to bedrooms, toilets, bathroom, lab access and main house access for wheelchair users
* a drying room
* a student common room
* We have run a weather station for over 50 years
* a shop selling a range of publications and gifts
* A conservation and teaching garden including a Butterfly garden funded by Butterfly Conservation, a teaching compost heap and an invertebrate study area.
* Eco-Centre status - achieved December 2002
* Weather, rivers, local settlements
* A large number of waterproofs and wellingtons available in all sizes. Teaching equipment is available for hire by local schools when not in use at the Centre.
* Small bar open for adult visitors
* TV and bar football available
Quality Badge: View the Certificate
Visit our Facebook page