Epping Forest Young Naturalists is aimed at 11–14 year-olds with an interest in ecology.
The group will provide practical experience and conservation skills by taking an active involvement in promoting and protecting nature and gain first-hand experience of practical conservation and wildlife surveying.
They will meet like-minded people in their community and improve their confidence and well-being spending time outdoors. There will also be a focus on understanding local and global conservation issues and how they, as individuals and as a group, can contribute to wildlife conservation.
Each session we will focus on something different including: Climate Change, Practical Conservation, Amphibian Surveying, Pollution Indicators, Pollinators and Moth and Bat Surveys. The group will help decide the activities and plan the next sessions.
- The project aims to develop a group of people that attend on a regular basis.
- Sessions will run on weekdays, weekends, evenings and in school holidays through 2022 and 2023.
- All sessions are free of charge, but places are limited and must be booked in advance.
- Attend enough sessions and share what you are doing (50+ hours) and you will achieve the John Muir Explore Award.
- Find out more about this project
- This project is supported by the City Educational Trust Fund
Before You Attend
The week before your activity you will be sent instructions on where to meet your tutor. Please arrive promptly at the start of your time booked. Latecomers will need to contact the tutor to find their location.
- For aspiring Young Naturalists age 11-14 years
- Bring appropriate clothing and footwear for being outside.
- Activities are subject to change, depending on the weather.
- Epping Forest Young Ecologist courses are open to aspiring young ecologists from the London Boroughs of Newham, Redbridge and Waltham Forest.
- These activities take place in Wanstead Park, meeting point The Temple.
This course is open to young people age 11-14. When you book, it is essential that you enter the attendees age and name in the Order Notes at the checkout. If the attendee is under 18, the booking must be made by a parent / guardian and you must complete and return the unaccompanied young people form found at https://www.field-studies-council.org/our-policies-and-procedures/
Opportunities to attend this course
Mon 23, October 2023 09:30 - 15:30
Thu 26, October 2023 09:30 - 15:30