On this one day course you will make a copperfoiled glass Christmas wreath, approx. 28cm/11” wide.
The course is a practical one and includes glass cutting, copperfoiling and soldering. All the materials and tools required for the course will be supplied. The course is suitable for all levels, including beginners.
Refreshments and lunch will be served in the Mill dining room and are included in the fee.
If you would like to discuss the course content further you may contact the tutor direct by email: [email protected] You can see examples of Carole’s work on her website: www.itsablast.co.uk
If you require accommodation before or after the course, please contact us and we’ll try to help.
About the Tutor
Carole Gray is a designer maker, specialising in decorative and contemporary architectural stained glass. She mainly works to commission, producing windows, doors and other pieces for private and commercial clients.
Before You Attend
What to Bring
- An apron or coverall - you should not have open shoes or bare legs.
- A paper face mask (optional).
Health and Safety
- You must not wear open shoes or have bare legs (even if the weather is warm). Do not wear loose clothing or dangly jewellery as it may get caught in machinery. Long hair must be tied back.
- Please note that you will not be able to work in the studio unless supervised by the tutor.
- The studio will not be accessible during the lunch and dinner breaks.
If you are pregnant or breast feeding you should consult your GP before enrolling on this course as working with solder (lead/tin) can be harmful to the developing baby.
Opportunities to attend this course
Thu 16, November 2023 09:30 - 17:00
Thu 07, December 2023 09:30 - 17:00