Set in a peaceful wooded valley, FSC Juniper Hall is a superb country house dating back from the 17th century and is situated in an unspoilt area of the chalk North Downs and at the edge of Box Hill, Surrey. Being in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty many amazing rivers, woodlands and chalk grassland can be found on the doorstep.
We have simple, comfortable accommodation mostly in a mixture of single, twin, triple or small dormitories. Guests who stay with us can enjoy an à la carte breakfast.
There are several communal areas which are great for the evenings or if the rain comes down, that has TV, games and lots of books to read. Outdoors we have large lawns, a butterfly garden, a walled garden, an ice house and a paddock that is home to our beehives.
- All linen provided.
- A mix of single, twin, triple and small dormitories.
- Some rooms are en-suite, others with dedicated bathrooms and some with shared bathroom facilities.
- Towels are provided.
- Fully catered services for all dietary needs available.
- There is a large dining room for guests.
- Ample parking is provided.
- The centre has a large lawn area with benches.
- There are footpaths leading from the grounds & extend into the Box Hill estate and into the Surrey Hills.
General / Facilities
- Free, fast Wi-Fi
- Mobile signal is moderate and varies depending on network.
- Flat screen TV.
- A shop on site sells gifts, sweets, drinks, toiletries, and wildlife identification guides.
- The centre has a licenced bar serving pre and post dinner drinks (dependent on the group).
- One ground floor twin has a wider door for wheelchairs access with a disabled bathroom.
Local towns and tourist attractions
- Box Hill is a very special chalk downland which can be explored for free. Activities include the two mile nature play trail, a walk along the River Mole, cross over the stepping stones and visit to the historic Box Hill Fort.
- Hampton Court Palace: Hampton Court Palace is a Grade I listed royal palace in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames, on the River Thames.
- Chessington World of Adventures
- Thorpe Park
- Central London: Visit England’s capital city for an urban adventure.
- Bocketts Farm: A great day out for families with farm animals, plenty of fun activities and indoor and outdoor play areas.
Things to know
- Check in: 4pm.
- Check out: 10am.
- No smoking in the buildings but there are designated outside smoking areas.
- No parties or large single sex groups.
- No pets.
- Please be aware there may be other groups on site as part of our educational offering.
Keeping you safe
- Social distancing and other Covid-19-related guidelines apply.
- Due to Covid-19 some amenities may be unavailable.
- We are committed to enhanced cleaning processes. Find out more about our covid procedures.
- Smoke alarms in all buildings.
- Code locks on entrance points and bedroom doors.
- First Aid trained staff available.
- Free cancellation for 24 hours.
- After that, cancel before 4 weeks before and get a 50% refund, minus the service fee.